August 14, 2017
BYU-Pathway Worldwide is a life-changing experience for many of the students who participate. Did you have a positive experience as a BYU-Pathway student? Do you want to share BYU-Pathway with your friends and family but don’t know where to start?
Here are 10 easy ways to share this inspired program with people you love!
1. Guide friends and family to the BYU-Pathway website where they can find more information and enroll!
One of the easiest ways you can share BYU-Pathway with others is by sending them to byupathway.org. Here, visitors can learn more about the program and find out what it can offer them. Even better, they can enroll right away on the admissions page!
2. Share your BYU-Pathway experience on social media using the hashtags #MyPathwayGroup and #BYUPathway!
Social media is a great way to share things you love! Share a photo with your PathwayConnect gathering group. In your post, tell your friends and family about your positive experiences with BYU-Pathway and invite them to join!
3. Do you know someone who withdrew from BYU-Pathway? Prayerfully reach out and invite them to try again!
People withdraw from BYU-Pathway for a number of reasons. Maybe they didn’t have the time, or perhaps they didn’t think they would succeed. Reach out to those who have withdrawn and encourage them to try again by sharing how you’ve been able to succeed thanks to the support of service missionaries and fellow BYU-Pathway students.
4. Volunteer to accompany the local service missionaries for their BYU-Pathway presentations
Service missionaries generally hold firesides or presentations in the months leading up to a new semester. Contact your local service missionaries assigned to BYU-Pathway to see how you can help and share your experience at the presentations! What you share could inspire others to join the program.
5. Invite a friend or family member to a PathwayConnect gathering
The weekly gathering is a great environment to introduce someone to BYU-Pathway! Whether they come in person or virtually, visitors will be able to see BYU-Pathway in action and gain a better understanding of the supportive and collaborative nature of the its offerings.
6. Share your BYU-Pathway milestones with others!
During and after your time in BYU-Pathway, there are a number of milestones that are exciting to share! This could include completing foundational courses (PathwayConnect), or continuing to an online degree program from BYU-Idaho or Ensign College, or getting a job after BYU-Pathway! Tell your friends how BYU-Pathway helped you to the next step.
7. Invite your friends to check out the BYU-Pathway blog!
The BYU-Pathway Blog is a great way to share BYU-Pathway with those looking for a reason to enroll. The blog shares stories from former and current students as well as BYU-Pathway employees and service missionaries. Find a story to share with your friends, post it on your social media, or share it in a personal interaction.
8. Share your testimony during Church meetings about the importance of education
Education plays a vital role in our time here on Earth. When the opportunity is right, share your testimony about the importance of education in your life and what you’ve learned from your time in BYU-Pathway. You can also share insights from the gatherings in your Sunday School meetings or other appropriate settings.
9. Invite your friends and family to follow BYU-Pathway on social media!
10. Watch Elder Bednar’s talk “Get the One” and think about someone in your life that could benefit from doing BYU-Pathway
In his message, Elder David A. Bednar shares an inspiring message about “getting the one.” During and after watching this short video, think about someone you know that could benefit from participating in BYU-Pathway. You never know who’s life you might touch!
Start Sharing Today!
To learn more about how BYU-Pathway can bring you and your friends closer to God and a degree, visit byupathway.org to apply today!